Verizon Complaint - Piss Poor Service And Deception To A Loyal Customer - Wireless
Wireless - Complaint
MONTEREY, CALIFORNIA -- I would like to bring to your notice the unacceptable, extremely frustrating and appalling business practices in dealing with the Verizon customer service team. I manage a busy and successful medical practice and one of the keys to our success is that patients have access to my cell phone at all times and some of them are senior citizens with acute medical needs and having a cell phone that works is a necessity and not an option. We manage more than 6000 active patients. All my staff that work for me and have cell phones with At&T, Sprint, T Mobile etc have excellent cell phone reception in the office.
1. I have been a loyal customer of Verizon for more than 5 years (from 2004) and have not called customer service even once in that time prior to January 20th 2009 because I had no complaints about my service
2. I was so happy with their service and have included my wife and children on my account from 2005
3. On January 20th 2009 we moved to our new office and my cell phone service was nonexistent inside and outside our building
4. I went to the Verizon store on Del-Monte Ave. and waited for more than 1 hour and complained about the lack of cell phone service in my new location at 100 Wilson Rd Ste 110, Monterey, CA 93940.
5. The store Manager said that Monterey was on an all digital network and I was using an old LG phone and recommended that I upgrade my phone model as that was the problem.
6. I paid $ 300 and upgraded to a Verizon Storm on the Managers recommendation, because he was confident that this would solve my problem. At that time I also upgraded my phone service to include internet.
7. Unfortunately to my disappointment my service did not improve either inside my office or outside the building.
8. I made an additional visit to the Verizon Store in Del Monte Ave and complained about the lack of cell phone reception and customer service immediately blamed the type of building and recommended that I buy a Network Extender SCS-26UC4 for $ 200 which they assured me would solve the problem.
9. I installed the Network extender and installed it and to my disappointment it would only work 1 day in the week.
10. I called the 1800number customer service for the Network extender and explained to them my concerns and they immediately blamed my office computer network as the problem even though the customer service representative had no logical explanation for his theory
11. I spent $ 450 for a Network Specialist to check my firewall and network and everything was working fine. Finally when I communicated to the Network extender team of the results they felt y Network Extender and
12. I finally figured out that the Network Extenders sensor is very direction specific and will need to be mounted on a specific window to work, and not on any window as the instructions recommends. I spoke more than 25 to ****** (Ph:713-219-7117) and his team, who assured me that a team was scheduled to visit my area at the end of January 2009 to verify signal strength. I never did hear from ******* or his team.
13. To cut a long story short I have called your customer service every day ( more than 50 times) to address the issue of no cell phone connectivity or speak to a supervisor (******) all I got was lies and pushback’s saying they will investigate or have opened a trouble ticket etc. and they will call me in 24 hours etc. Nothing has happened and not on supervisor has ever called back.
14. I requested a refund of all my cell phones and accessories for me and my family which they flatly refused saying it was past the 30 day cutoff.
15. Finally a customer service supervisor called me Latasha (Ph: 916-589-4077) to tell me there was marginal signal in my area.
I have been played by Verizon and its customer service staff by up selling equipment and services and not providing any value for defective nonexistent service. I have wasted more than 50 hours of my time and more than $1000 to work with Verizon to fix the problem.
Verizon customer service were deceitful and were only interested in delaying my problem past 30 days so I would be stuck with the cell phone hardware and monthly fees. My frustration with Verizon was getting worse with the lies and deception of your supervisors and I let them know how I felt, constructive criticism and it was not personal but a reflection of their pathetic corporate culture.